October 2018: Cree Chancley from South Carolina
Cree Chancley from South Carolina
It's Member Spotlight time! This month's Member Spotlight is Cree Chancley from South Carolina. Cree is a long-time anime lover, and her love for Japanese snacks started when she tried the treats she had seen so often in her favorite shows. Read what she has to say about her Bokksu experience:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I feel incredibly thankful and honored to be selected. It’s great to have acknowledgement from a company you love.
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
What I find most exciting about Japanese snacks is the dare to be creative, push the limits, but also make something people enjoy.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
Honestly? Anime. I’ve been watching since I was a kid so once I tried them, I was hooked.
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
My favorite snack(s) were the Shrimp Senbei and the apple cake! I love anything apple.
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
I’m embarrassed to admit that my box only lasts a max of 3 days, if that haha.
(We see no shame in this, Cree. The amount of snacks we consume as a company is boggling!)
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
A Japanese snack I’d love to see from Bokksu in the future would be limited edition Cream Collins, Melon Pan (legit), or limited edition chips!
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
I want to see a street food theme or an Okinawa theme. Lots of sweet and savory please! Maybe even Chinsuko!!!!
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
I feel like it’s Halloween Day. Butterflies of excitement and mischief knowing I shouldn’t eat the whole box in my own. (I love Halloween)
9. What do you love most about Fall?
I’m excited about this month’s apple filled box coming my way haha!
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Ramen. Authentic yuzu ramen. I dream of Afuri’s yuzu ramen I had in Tokyo. They also sell instant packs but I can never find them online.
Thanks for being this month's Member Spotlight Cree! It was great to hear your thoughts. Keep on snacking!