1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
2. How did you first hear about Bokksu?
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
I looked at a few other snack boxes and Bokksu seemed to have the highest quality. There was a real sense of respect for the culture and thought put into the curation of the snacks.
4. Are you the kind of person who eats your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
I try to make it last as long as possible. Usually about two weeks.
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
The snacks are so carefully curated. You can tell that a lot of thought goes into each box.
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
Mostly I keep it all to myself, but my mom really likes the mochi puffs so I share those with her.
8. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
I'm curious about more everyday foods, like Japanese home cooking, and what flavors and snacks might be inspired by those.
9. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
10. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
Fried potato cakes with sticky sauce made of brown sugar and soy sauce. I make these all the time at home.
11. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, what was the highlight of your trip?
I can't make long flights so I've never been, but I enjoy experiencing the culture from a distance. Especially the food!
Thank you so much, Jessy for being this month's Member Spotlight! I hope you continue to enjoy Bokksu for many months to come!