Matcha Chocolate Chip Cake
Makes: One large pound cake (9.25 x 5.25 baking tin)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz sugar
- 1.7 oz honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.7 oz cake flour
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil or similar vegetable oil (+extra for later)
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips
1. Cover the cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 340 Fahrenheit degrees.
2. Boil water in a small saucepan.
3. Beat all of the eggs in a medium bowl and mix in sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Place the bowl over a boiling water in the saucepan and continue whisking until it thickens. If the batter holds its shape for a couple of seconds when you drop the batter as you lift the whisk, it is done.
4. Sift both cake flour and matcha powder together. Pour them into the egg mixture and mix them slowly with a spatula as if you are scraping the bottom and lifting the batter. Mix until everything is incorporated.
5. Mix milk and 2 Tbsp grape seed oil in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds.