1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
2. How did you first hear about bokksu?
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
We loved the idea of getting Japanese snacks every month and being able to feel that we were connected with Japan somehow.
4. Are you the kind of people who eat your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
We try to take our time, but the box hardly ever lasts a full month. We try to ration the snacks so they last at least 3 weeks.
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
Lana: Matcha Chocolate Coated Pecans; Amaou Strawberry Kirara Sandwich Cookie
Dan: Onigiri Senbei: Okonomiyaki Sauce; all the cheesy snacks (Seaweed Tempura: Blue Cheese Flavor, Funwari Meijin Mochi Puffs: Hokkaido Cheese)
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
Appreciate the obvious care and attention that goes into selecting and packaging each box. We love opening it, reading the details about where each snack is from, and getting a chance to reminisce about our time there. Getting a Bokksu box is like enjoying a mini holiday 12 months a year.
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
Besides sharing with each other, we sometimes share with co-workers (but rarely).
8. Do you guys ever fight over snacks, or do you have different tastes?
We don't usually fight because we tend to have different tastes, and each box usually has a nice variety.
9. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
Hmm...sushi theme? Fish themed? Street food? Seaweed?
10. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
More mochi with different flavors.
11. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
12. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, what was the highlight of your trip?
Yes, we spent two great weeks there in May 2018. Highlights were staying at a ryokan in Hakone and enjoying several kaiseki meals. We also loved most of Kyoto, and were fascinated by how busy, but absolutely structured, everything was in Tokyo. The people were lovely, and we're already planning a return trip in fall 2020 (post Olympics).
Thank you both for being this month's Member Spotlight! I hope you both have an amazing trip next year!