Yosaburo Honma has established his shop called "Oharaya Honma Shoten" in the village of Tsukisamu, Hokkaido and begins selling "Tsukisamu Anpan" made with Onuma's recipe. Now Sapporo has grown, and the Toyohira ward has absorbed Tsukisamu, but at the time, Tsukisamu was mostly notable as the home of the 25th regiment of army infantry. In this tiny town, they quietly made delicious anpan and became very popular among the local soldiers.
In 1911, the army in Tsukisamu was tasked with building a road from that town to nearby Hiragishi. While they worked, the city government gave each worker five anpan a day from the seven anpan shops in Tsukisamu to help with the work, earning this new road the name "Anpan Road". Soon after, due to Japan's involvement in the wars, all seven of these local shops closed including Honma's. Only Honma was able to reopen in 1946 after the end of the wars and thus became the only "Tsukisamu Anpan" shop in Tsukisamu that continues to pass down the original delicious recipe for generations to this day.