1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
2. How did you first hear about bokksu?
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
I had tried a different box that was way too generous! I liked the idea of snacks, and the size of the offerings.
4. Are you the kind of person who eats your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
I try to make it last all month - sometimes unsuccessfully.
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
The Beni Shoga Fried Kaki no Tane were a big hit! I like September's Moon Viewing theme
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
The inserts are filled with information and very lovely!
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
I have my husband help me - he enjoys the senbei as his favorite!
8. Do you guys ever fight over snacks, or do you have different tastes?
No fight; I always win! Happy wife, happy life!
9. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
Sumo? Something around Japanese baseball or other sports?
10. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
11. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
My husband and I enjoy hitsumabushi - we make it at home!
12. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, what was the highlight of your trip?
I taught English in Japan MANY years ago. It was a year filled with wonder for me. I would love to return!
Thank you Janine for being this month's Member Spotlight!