It's Member Spotlight time! This month's Member Spotlight is William Sykes from Oregon. For William, Bokksu is a way to get know Japanese culture right from his home. Read what he has to say about his Bokksu experience:
1. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
I’ve always been interested in various other cultures, Japan’s being one that I’ve long wanted to experience. A big part of any culture is the food that they eat, so trying popular foods from Japan is like a little peek into their world.
2. How did you first hear about Bokksu?
I stumbled onto an ad, I believe on Crunchyroll but I can’t quite recall.
3. What made you decide to take the plunge and join?
I like food and I like Japan, so there was really nothing stopping me from trying out the service.
4. Are you the kind of person who eats your box in one go, or do you take your time throughout the month?
I generally try everything right away, then take some time to finish the box depending on how delicious everything is.
5. What was your favorite snack or theme from our past boxes?
6. Do you have a favorite thing about Bokksu? If so, what is it?
I really just like the variation from month to month, getting to experience a lot of different flavors.
7. Do you ever share your Bokksu? With who? (if not, we don’t blame you!)
I generally share each Bokksu with my sister if she is around, otherwise I enjoy having them all to myself! I pretty much share everything equally, although she can’t really stand any mochi or matcha items so I keep those.
8. What is a future theme you’d like to see us do?
Hmm well, so far the series of themes I’ve experienced has been without complaint, so I don’t have any particular suggestions for future theme.
9. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future box?
10. What’s your favorite Japanese snack or food? (doesn’t need to be a Bokksu snack)
My favorite Japanese food would have to be ramen, although I haven’t tried any foods that I disliked.
11. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, what was the highlight of your trip?
I have never been to Japan, though I would love to finish learning Japanese to an useful level and go to visit for a period of time. I’d really just like to see as much of everything as possible and learn about the culture first-hand.
Thank you so much William for being this month's Member Spotlight! I hope when you do take your first trip to Japan that you have an amazing time.
Comments will be approved before showing up.