I'm so happy to introduce Charles as our July Bokksu Member Spotlight! He's a kind-hearted member of the Bokksu family who shares his snacks with his co-workers! He fell in love with Japanese snacks at a young age thanks to his mother. Read on:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our first Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I feel delighted and humbled to be featured! Thanks!
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
I love all the varieties and fun creative ways they make snacks. I also love all the packaging.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
My mom who was born and raised in Yokohama bought me Japanese snacks as a kid all the time. Not only did I love the treats itself but also all the packaging, commercials, and characters from various anime and games featured on them. Some of them had cool toys!
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
Wow, there are too many. I really did love the Artisanal Kyoto theme from December 2016. It reminded me of the time when I went to Gion, Kyoto with some good friends, sat in front of the Kamo River drinking beers and eating snacks as the sun set. The snacks in this box paired nicely with green tea. I especially loved the Iroha Financier Cake!
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
It lasts about a month, but I finish most of it in like a week or two.
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
Don’t have anything specific but I like things that are super sour. I was also thinking maybe a Pocky Medley?!
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
Possibly a sake/whiskey/alcoholic themed? I really enjoyed those sake flavored Kit Kats!
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
I feel excited! It’s always nice to see a Bokksu shipment delivered to my work, a nice pleasant treat in the middle of the day. A lot of my co-workers also get excited because they already recognize what it is and I usually share some snacks with them.
9. What is your perfect summer vacation?
Somewhere I can actually relax! Probably lounge with a drink somewhere in front of a tropical beach.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
I LOVE Japanese curry. If I had one last meal, that would be it.
Comments will be approved before showing up.