It's Member Spotlight time! This month's Member Spotlight is Karissa Padilla from New Jersey. Karissa been a wonderful Bokksu Member since 2016, exploring Japan one snack at a time. Read what she has to say about her Bokksu experience:
1. How do you feel about being selected as our Bokksu Member Spotlight?
I feel honored and excited to be chosen!
2. What do you find most exciting about Japanese snacks?
The unique packaging and presentation of the snacks.
3. What made you fall in love with Japanese snacks?
I’ve always been fascinated with the Japanese culture ever since I was young. Snacking on Japanese snacks is a way for me to experience the culture and have a taste in it!
4. What was your favorite snack and/or favorite theme in our past boxes?
I’ve been a member for years so this is a tough question. Hmmm... I would say my favorite theme was always the Summer/Fireworks festival!
5. On average, how long does your Bokksu last before you finish the whole box?
3 days maybe?
6. What Japanese snack would you like to see in a future Bokksu?
If possible? Dango!
7. What is a future theme you would like to see Bokksu do?
I would like to see food-themed Japanese snacks! I’ve been wanting to try eating those!
8. How would you describe the feeling you get when you’re about to open your Bokksu?
Like a child opening a gift?! I get very excited especially reading the info card that comes with the package. I always refer back to the card every time I eat the snack and drink the tea that came with the box.
9. What do you love most about Fall?
Winter traditions? My husband loves to eat sweets so he always makes s’mores which are sooo good to eat during winter time.
10. What is one Japanese food you just can’t get enough of (doesn’t have to be a Bokksu snack)?
Rice balls! When my husband and I went to Japan, we made sure to eat at a restaurant that specializes in rice ball dishes. Luckily, we found one in Asakusa which was a great experience for us!
Comments will be approved before showing up.