Muromachi Glass Art
Edo Kiriko Cut Glass: Ichimatsu Black Check Cup
Edo Kiriko is a traditional Japanese art of cut glass that originated in Tokyo toward the end of the Edo Period, characterized by colorful gut designs. Though the check pattern is unusual for Edo Kiriko glassware, it adds a modern flair to this traditional technique. In Japanese culture, the checkerboard repeats in all directions infinitely and symbolizes eternity, prosperity, and expansion. May this glass bring all of this to you as you use it at home. Like all Edo Kiriko glassware, it is as much a work of art as it is a piece of tableware.
- Due to this product's high value, customs duty and VAT may be incurred.
- We will pack this valuable, fragile product with great care. However, we are not responsible for damage caused during shipping.
- Because these glasses are handcrafted one-by-one, once they sell out, it takes about one month to craft another one and restock.
- Size: Height: 96mm (3.78") Diameter: 86mm (3.38")
- Materials: Glass
- Not microwave or dishwasher safe
- Hand washing is recommended