Ushio Chocolatl Assorted Craft Chocolate Gift Box (5 Pieces, 5 Flavors)
Ushio Chocolatl is a Japanese chocolate maker located in the mountainside near Mukashima Island, Onomichi, in Hiroshima Prefecture. This small chocolate shop prides itself on highlighting the importance of respecting raw materials, cultures, and how something is made by sourcing their high-quality fresh cacao beans purchased in direct trade with cacao farmers. Manufactured in-house, their chocolate uses simple ingredients - mostly just sugar and cacao - so that all the unique flavors and aromas come specifically from the cacao beans' characteristics and production origins. Ushio Chocolatl strives to be fashionable, fun, and sustainable, so each label and packaging of the chocolates are original drawings made by local Onomichi artists. We are excited and honored to share this Japanese craft chocolate gift box with you.
You will receive one bar of each of the following flavors.
- Ghana: An intense bar with an aroma that pops as the sugar gradually dissolves. The multidimensional flavor will evolve in your mouth as you chew.
- Vietnam: This blend of fermented cacao and sugar is characterized by its raisin-like fruitiness. It even boasts a red hue like the Vietnamese national flag.
- Guatemala: A full-bodied chocolate that boasts lemony and varying earthy flavors due to the degree of cacao fermentation. Each taste is thought to replicate the atmosphere of the cacao plantation in every bite.
- Coffee Blend: Specialty coffee-flavored chocolate kneaded with 10% coffee beans baked by Beyond Coffee Roasters in Kobe, Japan. The flavor is sometimes bitter, sometimes fruity, but always a luxurious experience of coffee chocolate.
- Hojicha Cashew Milk: A Japanese-style piece of cashew milk chocolate kneaded with a brand of roasted tea called "Hokumei" from Saitama, Japan, for a refreshing earthy flavor.